Gluten Free Passions
We collect but do not link personal and activity data.
You can request to see or delete your personal data.
We don’t share your personal data
No ad companies collect data through our service.
You can ask privacy questions.
Analytics companies access anonymous data on our behalf.
Service providers may access data on our behalf.
Special situations may require disclosure of your data.
What is the GDPR?
Does the GDPR apply to non-EU members?
Passions Network & the GDPR – The Basics
Public vs Personal Data Passions Network does not sell any personal account information to any third party. Various account information is deemed public information and notifications that this type of information is available via search engines are present when members (optionally) enter this type of information. Other account information is deemed private information and is not provided to third parties.
Basic Account Notification Processes Passions Network notifies members via email of various account related information as part of it’s service to connect members. Members have the option to modify their email account settings via links within email messages and within the email notification settings area of their accounts.
Account Deletion Option Passions Network provides the option for members to have their account deleted by notifying Passions Network of this desire. Once Passions Network is aware of a request for account deletion, the account (and associated information) is deleted from the Passions Network database typically within 24 hours. Note, the former account username is maintained (to prevent new members from signing up with a former username and then impersonating the prior member). Public content posted by a member within the forum area and the blog area is also maintained, although the username displayed includes a ‘former member’ status. The reason for maintaining the content and association with the former member username is to prevent complete disruption in forum and blog threads. Deleting the content and/or removing the associated username would cause confusion as to what was said, when and by whom. (Note: Passions Network recommends members create unique usernames not used on other online sites so that if an account is deleted, there is no connection between a former member and their posts with any ‘real world’ individual.)
How does Passions Network address the various issues raised by the GDPR – The Specifics
2) ‘Real World Identity vs. Online Anonymity’ – Passions Network Inc. (Passions Network) is a network of individual online dating / social networking sites with a premium on anonymity. As such, Passions Network does not ask for member’s real names, addresses, phone numbers or credit card numbers. Passions Network highly recommends the use of unique usernames not used on other sites (to prevent identification via information posted on non-Passions Network related sites with the same username). Passions Network does not provide member email addresses to third parties, but highly recommends members create a new unique email address for use specifically within Passions Network in case of a data breach…in which case the Passions Network specific email address would not be beneficial to anyone, nor would it’s identification be harmful to a member. This information is deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
3) PII (Personally Identifiable Information) – Passions Network does not sell your personal information to any third party, nor provide PII to any third party for use outside Passions Network and Passions Network services. This distinction is made due to the use of various third party software systems utilized to provide services like chat and instant updates on account activity. Any information provided to these third party systems is restricted to your internal Passions Network data (i.e. username, profile link, profile basics, sites within your account, etc.). This information allows members to interact with other members more efficiently while maintaining their ‘real world’ anonymity. Any information provided to these third party systems is deleted upon account deletion within Passions Network.
5) IP Addresses – Passions Network does collect member IP Addresses and maintain them until the member’s account is deleted. IP Addresses are utilized to determine if members are being honest about their location, so that potential spammers/scammers cannot pretend to be in a specific location within their account while actually being in an entirely different location. Members who are concerned about what IP Address is being collected by Passions Network can visit What is My IP. This information is deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
6) Email – Passions Network sends members email messages to A) verify/validate their interest in joining a site within Passions Network B) to confirm their registration C) to alert them to contact attempts by other members within Passions Network D) to alert them to non-contact specific, but account related information specific to their Passions Network Account E) to alert them to changes within Passions Network. As part of the initial registration within Passions Network, members are asked to enter their email address, whereby they are sent a verification link to validate that they are in fact interested in registering as a member of Passions Network. This double opt-in process is a security measure to verify that the individual registering is in fact the owner of the email address in question and is opting in to Passions Network membership. Unless this double opt-in process is completed, verifying the desire of the email owner to participate as a member of Passions Network, they will not be registered, and their email address will not be stored, and they will not receive future email messages from Passions Network. Independent of registration there are a number of email notification options which can be managed by clicking links within future email messages and by making changes within a member’s account. Email addresses are deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
7) Required Information vs. Optional Information – Passions Network requires members to provide their gender, sexual orientation, age & location. This information is critical to the use of the network by members, specifically within the search system. Aside from the information listed above, Passions Network also asks members to volunteer other information about themselves that can help them connect with members in the network. The more information members enter, the more likely their profile will be taken seriously by other members. Many of the sites within Passions Network Inc. include sensitive information, which is why a double opt-in email registration process is in place. If after joining a site, any member (regardless of location), decides that they are not comfortable with the information required or the information requested, they can easily have their account deleted by alerting Passions Network Inc. to their desire for account deletion. At the point of account deletion, any member data (aside from username and public posts/comments/blogs) is deleted from Passions Network.
8) Photos – Members are required to enter either a full face photo of themselves or a cartoon Avatar representation of themselves. We recommend photos, but in order to allow anonymity for members who choose it, we allow the use of Avatars via an Avatar creation system linked in our photo area. Member specific photos/Avatars are deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
9) Account Deletion (Right To Be Forgotten) – As mentioned, upon receiving an account deletion request, a member’s account is deleted from the Passions Network system, including any member-specific data and photos/Avatars. Passions Network does maintain public blog/forum posts made by deleted members, although the association with the former member is limited to the username and a notation that the member is a ‘former member’. This allows blog posts/forum threads to maintain cohesion without holes made by constantly deleting posts/comments made by former members. The policy of public posts remaining, is also outlined within our Terms of Service (TOS).
10) Security and Data Retention – Passions Network utilizes strong security protocols including SSL encryption, hardware firewalls, software firewalls, server-side virus protection scans and double-blind password encryption. As mentioned previously, members are highly encouraged to choose unique Passions Network specific usernames and to use unique Passions Network specific email addresses to lessen any potential identification of their accounts by comparison on public search engines to information they have uploaded online on other sites. With regards to data retention, Passions Network maintains a table of deleted usernames to prevent new users from joining and choosing a former member’s username and then impersonating them. This table of deleted usernames is only referenced when a new account is being created and only for the reason explained. Separately, as mentioned, previously uploaded blog posts/comments and/or forum posts/comments are also maintained.